6 T. butter
6 T. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 c. chicken stock
1 c. cream or whole milk (I used whole milk)
1c. cut up, cooked chicken
1. melt butter in skillet over low heat
2. Whisk in flour, salt, and pepper
3. Cook over low heat until bubbling.
4. Remove from heat and slowly stir in chicken stock and milk.
5. Return to heat and slowing bring to boil stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. DO NOT PANIC. The stuff will be super watery for a very long time. It WILL thicken, just keep stirring.
6. Stir in cooked chicken and simmer until everything is warm.
7. Serve over rice or bread