- 3 cups (1/8-inch-thick) diagonally cut zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 3 (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta, cut in half horizontally
- 1 cup gourmet salad greens
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Remove vegetables from bowl, reserving vinegar mixture. Place the onion and bell pepper on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill zucchini 3 minutes on each side or until tender.
Hollow out bottom half of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Layer grilled vegetables, greens, cheese, and basil in bottom of loaf; drizzle reserved vinegar mixture on top. Cover with top of the bread; press lightly.
Place filled loaf on grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until cheese melts. Cut into quarters.
Recipe is from Cooking Light.