I love to make this recipe for a brunch because you can make it the night before and then just pop it in the oven! Not super healthy, but YUMMY. :)
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter
2 tablespoons corn syrup
French bread- cut into 2 inch thick slices
2 cups milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
toppings for french toast
1. Bring to boil: 1 cup brown sugar, butter, corn syrup.
2. Boil 30 seconds.
3. Pour mixture into a 13 by 9 inch pan. Lay french bread pieces on top of mixture.
4. Beat eggs, milk and vanilla together.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes, uncovered.
Top with whatever you want to top your french toast with: strawberries, raspberries, powdered sugar, syrup, etc. We usually find that it is so sweet that you don't need syrup or sugar, but berries are always a good addition!