This is a super yummy and easy way to use leftover chicken! We buy a rotisserie chicken and make this with the leftovers. It is a rich dish with the cream cheese in it, but we balance it out with some broccoli or a salad on the side. Yum.
Chicken Pastry Puffs
1 cup cooked chicken, cut up into small pieces
1 3 oz. package of cream cheese
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 pkg. crescent rolls
3/4 cups crushed croutons (optional)
shredded cheddar topping (optional)
1. Grease cookie sheet
2. Beat cream cheese, butter (save a tiny bit for brushing on rolls later), milk, and seasonings until smooth.
3. Add chicken to cream cheese mixture.
4. Unwrap rolls and make 4 squares using 2 triangles.
5. Put a mound of chicken mixture on each sqaure, pull up sides and seal.
6. Brush with extra butter and sprinkle with croutons (I don't always use these on top)
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, sprinkle with cheese and melt in oven for a couple more minutes.