Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/4 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium ones)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch (6-cup) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix in wet ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, the pour it all into the loaf pan.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 70 to 80 minutes. Tent loosely with foil if loaf browns too quickly.
- Cool loaf 10 minutes in the pan, the turn it out and cool completely on a rack.
I was distracted and failed to take a picture of the loaf when it was fresh out of the oven, so to distract you from this faux pas I'm posting a photo of the two cutest Easter egg hunters in Tennessee: