- The original recipe was found here. It's a double recipe so it makes enough for two meals or lots of extra dipping. We didn't have everything the recipe called for so we made some substitutions which are in parenthesis.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup rice wine (we used apple juice)
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (we used black pepper)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons cornstarch (we used flour)
1/4 cup water
- 1. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, broth, rice wine, sugar, sesame oil and white pepper.
2.Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
3.Heat a pan over high heat; add the cooking oil, swirling to coat; add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
4. Add the soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens
- This sauce was AWESOME. Or as Zoey said, "This is the best YUM ever!"