Friday, July 8, 2011

Mounds Cake!!!

I made this for my mom's birthday. She declared it to be her MOST FAVORITE CAKE IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Not that she's biased to my cooking or anything.

Ingredients:
1 box devil's food cake mix (and what you need to make it)
1-2 cans coco lopez cream of coconut (depending on how coconut-y you like it)
1 container cool whip
shredded coconut - about 3/4 of a cup or however much you want
1 king size chocolate bar - shavings

Directions:
prepare and bake cake in a 9 x 13 pan.
remove from oven, poke holes all over.
pour coconut milk over cake and then cool.
frost with cool whip then cover with shredded coconut.
garnish with shaved chocolate.
serve or refrigerate.

3 comments:

  1. THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!! But what on EARTH is coco lopez cream of coconut and where do you get such a lovely-sounding concoction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect recipe for me when I feel like baking but my jeans don't fit. I HATE coconut! Thank you, Joslyne!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki, You can get it at the grocery store. Any cream of coconut will do!

    ReplyDelete